Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.
― Mark Twain
2017 JUNE MONTHLY READS
- Manga Classics Les Miserables ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Manga Classics The Scarlet Letter ⭐⭐⭐
- Manga Classics Pride and Prejudice ⭐⭐⭐
- Lies We Tell Our Kids by Steve Hoover, Illustrated by Brett Wagner ⭐⭐⭐
- The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck DNF
Manga Classics are good. I especially love Les Miserables manga adaptation because I’m too lazy to read the novel. I give Pride and Prejudice 3 stars because I found the drawing style too flowery and it’s weird that the female characters always have tears ready in their eyes. It destroyed my image of a strong, smart, independent woman of Elizabeth Bennet. I never read The Scarlet Letter before and after reading a few pages, I can already predict the ending so meh, 3 stars.
I DNF-ed The Good Earth because this book is the first book of trilogies which means that I have to find another two books of the series. I regret not making a background check on this one.
- Until Friday Night (The Field Party #1) by Abbi Glines ⭐⭐⭐
- Under The Lights (The Field Party #2) by Abbi Glines ⭐⭐⭐
The series focused on a swoon-worthy member of the school’s football team and one plain but gorgeous girl love story. (Nice summary, lol). I’d recommend the stories for those who want a light predictable happy ending high school romance read.
Note: I heard the 3rd book in the series (Title: After The Game) would come out this August.
Cliche but sweet.
- Singing Spring Melody by Jue MIng ⭐⭐⭐
- Our Second Master by Twentine ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang by Feng Nong ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Just One Smile Is Very Alluring by Gu Man ⭐⭐⭐⭐
I heard that 11th book is going to be released this year so I decided to re-read this series. The only thing I remember from the series is that Alex is a teenager spy. LOL.
Previous 2017 monthly reads: