Hi guys! Summer is scorching hot here in Tokyo and I feel too lazy to go out of the comfort of my fully air-conditioned apartment. But, the temptation to go out for flower hunting is strong as I’m quitting my job in Japan!!!! #finally and would be back to Malaysia for good in early September so I decided to go sight-see beautiful sunflower and of course, the view is breathtaking. The sunflower farm is just in Kanagawa, a neighbouring prefecture of Tokyo so if you plan to travel to Japan in summer, this sunflower farm is a must-visit as it is free!
Enjoy![powerkit_toc title=”Table of Contents” depth=”2″ min_count=”4″ min_characters=”1000″]
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Where is the place
The place is located at Zama-shi, Kanagawa Prefecture which is just 1 hour and 3o minutes train ride from my place in Tokyo.
From Shinjuku station, you could take Odakyu Limited Express to Machida Station (30 minutes) and change to Odakyu Local Line to Sobudai-Mae Station. During the sunflower festival, a direct bus is provided to the sunflower farm or if you’re feeling adventurous you could just walk to the farm which is 1.7km from the train. Like my friend and I did lol.
Must-Visit Sunflower Farm near Tokyo
- Zama Sunflower Festival, Kanagawa Prefecture <—The one that I went to
- Akeno Sunflower Festival, Yamanashi Prefecture
- Oshino Village, Mt. Fuji, Yamanashi Prefecture
- Hanako Miyako Koen Park, Mt. Fuji <— Plan to go as I want to see Mt. Fuji for 1 more time #sad
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Keep yourself hydrated.
- Wear a hat, towel or anything that could protect you from the sun.
- Sunblock is A MUST!
- Wear comfortable shoes like sports shoes. The 砂ほこり is terrible and my sandal ended up being dirtied with dust.
- Plan your time as the bus get really crowded after 3 pm onwards.
- Bring a small stool if you’re short lol because the flower stalks are taller than me, a 157.7 cm which is the average height for female in most Asia countries. I saw a lot of cosplayers bringing a small stool for them to stand and photographer with expensive and high spec DSLR cameras that day. It was a bizarre experience for me as the cosplayers = Akihabara in my mind as it is rare to see them in numbers.
So how was everyone’s weekend?